All My Other Stuff

Friday, March 2, 2018

Welcome Home





I have been watching Billy Graham’s funeral here and there as I do laundry and do work... I was able to catch the part of the funeral when his children spoke about him.

Admittedly, I have heard stories about his daughter Ruth that didn’t always hold her in a good light...I had heard she was kind of the “black sheep”  of the family...




(I wish I had the short clip of what she said about her dad from the actual funeral but this will have to do.)









What a testimony to her loving father who showed her grace, compassion, and unconditional love!

I ugly cried...

A good juicy story of how someone has failed and done something they should be ashamed of often gets more publicity than how that very same person can be restored with a little kindness and compassion.


Billy Graham loved his daughter the way God loves all of us...

Ruth was not the black sheep- she was just like all of us. We have all failed! We have all thought that if people knew (and sometimes they do! Sometimes your failures are the talk of the town!) they would never forgive you-they would never understand and then we are shocked by how some people see your brokenness, and love you so much to welcome you home anyway!


You are not what you have done. You are who God says you are....  You are God's.

In case nobody has told you... Welcome Home.








No comments:

Post a Comment