All My Other Stuff

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Fools Rush In





In 6th grade, (1993)  I was sitting at my kitchen table rolling my hair with Caruso HairSetters when my little brother knocked over the steamer and the water poured all over my bare arm.

As you can imagine- I reacted!

I ran to the kitchen sink and turned the cold water on and stuck my arm under it as fast I could.

When we feel pain-we react fast to do what we can to make that pain go away.

I have been thinking about this a lot lately.. we are wired reactors.  We are made to react.





We say things we don't mean.

We cry. We throw big time fits and sometimes we throw objects!

We punch walls. We throw remotes. We lie.

Sometimes we go silent and the way we react is to do nothing at all.  Just pretend its not happening.

Other times we try and hurry up and replace our pain with something-or someone to distract us.
If we can distract then we don't have to think about the pain.


No matter how we react.... we RUSH!  I believe it's just our nature!

We don't give pain time.

We don't like sitting in a bathtub full of pain and just soaking.

We don't want to talk about it with our friends so we isolate or find new friends that don't know our circumstances and escape our pain that way!

Sometimes we just decide its not happening at all-we choose denial as our best defense.

We make decisions in our reactions that we might never make if we actually had time to HEAL... to RESPOND.

It is hard to trust God with our responses.

It is easy to rush... to rebound... to take matters in our own hands.

If I have learned anything in my life it is that its better to face the pain.. to feel it... learn from what caused it... and THEN respond.

Wisdom knows that waiting is our friend... that time is our friend.


FOOLS RUSH IN.





1 comment: