All My Other Stuff

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

I'm With You







There is a great story in the Bible about a woman named Naomi who lost her husband and both of her sons in war.  Naomi tries to get her daughters in law to go back to their hometowns to be with their families to start over.  One daughter in law went back and the other, Ruth, refused to leave her mother in law.

The Bible reads it like this:

 But Ruth said, “Don’t force me to leave you; don’t make me go home. Where you go, I go; and where you live, I’ll live. Your people are my people, your God is my god; where you die, I’ll die, and that’s where I’ll be buried, so help me God—not even death itself is going to come between us!” Ruth 1: 16-17 The Message

You can read more about it HERE





I think that when we are most sad or even depressed, we want to be alone. Isolating ourselves from everyone!  We can't possibly believe anyone wants to hold on with you. 

 You think: "Oh... they are too busy-I am fine!"  Or "I don't want to burden them with my sadness."  "I just want to be alone."

The truth is, that God designed us for relationships-friendships!  We were never supposed to do this life alone!

Naomi didn't give up on Ruth!  Ruth thought that she wasn't worth sticking with, and pushed Ruth away.  Ruth fought for Naomi!

Have you ever felt like this? Have you pushed people who have tried to "lock arms with you" because you truly believed that they couldn't possibly have it in them to stick with you?

I have!  

Luckily I have amazing friends who fight for me!  They check in!  They love me well! They are my "Ruth."

I wonder who YOUR "Ruth" is?

In other words: "Who is your person?"

If you don't have someone, I would encourage you to start seeking out friendships with people-the best way to combat loneliness is with a friend!  How is that for Rocket Science?

From now on, no more alone time!  Text your friends! Call them! Meet up for lunch!  

Fight for your heart!

I'm with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment