All My Other Stuff

Friday, September 19, 2014

UnOfficial BookClub: Week 4 FINDING YOUR TRIBE







PHASE 4: Finding Your Tribes
(I am trying to keep this general and not so personal or specific to my life so bare with me!)
This chapter is all about following where God is leading you even if you can't see what is ahead! Like at all.
Jen talks about how leaving SOMETHING for ...NOTHING (yet) wont make sense to you or to anyone else...
In her case, they left their church jobs on complete faith that God was going to show up. There was no other job lined up, no plans, just trust.
She goes on to write about how God showed up-BIG by answering some of their big WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE WHY questions..
But what I see as the biggest talk point here is the idea of trusting God with EVERYTHING. We tell the kids that Faith is believing in what you CAN'T see because of what you CAN.
What we can see is the passion that God has set on fire in our hearts for _______________________(fill in the blank here-nobody's will be the same)
I am reminded of a season in my life when I had to make a difficult decision. My biggest fear was losing my friends-my community, if I decided to go...Without sounding too much like a Steven Curtis Chapman song-God was asking me to abandon it all ..for the sake of His call.
I took that step in faith... and it turned out brutally painful. Relationships were broken (and remain so to this day)
After I left my position, I listened to an audiobook by Dr. Henry Cloud called NECESSARY ENDINGS... I was struggling and second guessing my decision and heartbroken over the loss of my closest friends.
Years later, I can look back on that time and see how right Dr. Cloud was.
(Below is a 3 min clip of his talk about NECESSARY ENDINGS)





I hope that it encourages you and I hope that you will share your stories with us on those times when you took a major risk and God showed up!












No comments:

Post a Comment