All My Other Stuff

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Space Between


Today I am going to see a friend of mine who happens to be a dentist about getting my teeth fixed once and for all!

You see, I have had this space between my teeth since my two front teeth grew in as a baby.  I have had surgical procedures, braces, and even had the gap "filled" in and it just keeps finding it's way to the surface.








The usual response that I get from my sweet family and friends goes something like this:


"I don't even notice it"

"I can't imagine you without it.."

"It gives you character.."

"I think it's cute!"


The thing is, I see it.  I see it in every single picture I take-I see it every day when I brush my teeth.

It bugs me.

I don't hate it.  It doesn't make me feel insecure.  It just bugs me.

I love you Michael Strahan...but.... no.

This is not a campaign about loving your imperfections.... please do not report me to DOVE's campaign for real beauty, because the gap between my teeth is the least of my imperfections!

I just think... I am 33 years old... I have battled it in every way I know how...I think it's just time to do it...

If I can find the money, Veneers are in my future.

I posted it here on my blog.

No take backs.












1 comment:

  1. I get it. I used to have a similar gap. Braces fixed mine, but I constantly fear it's return.

    ReplyDelete