All My Other Stuff

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Motivation and Effort- I HATE YOU.


I don't like to run.

Runners find dead people.

It's true!  It is always "the local runner" that discovers the dead body at the park that we hear about on the news.

I prefer swimming and aerobics.

Well, no, I take that back, I prefer laying on the couch and watching television.

With that said, I was running/walking/thinking on the treadmill yesterday and I decided that the hardest part of working out is the process of getting ready to work out.

It isn't the actual activity itself... it's the moments leading up to getting your shoes on, (and all the other support devices you need) and getting  a bottle of water poured.

It's a lot of effort...

(To be fair: you should note that I feel this exact same way about getting my children ready to play in the snow as well.)

Just as a rule of thumb, I  hate effort- period.

I have friends that live for physical activity and sweat and whole foods and gluten free.

Me, I like the poisonous, antibiotic filled food.

Poptarts.
Chips.
Chicken Nuggets.
Bagged shredded cheese.
Diet Coke.


That is who I am.  

I sit in my car at the stop light and watch the half naked fitness enthusiasts jog by me  as I stuff my face with a quarter-pounder (with cheese, thank you very much) and wonder if they know that, either way, sweat or not, they will die and will not live forever-and then, the very next thought I have is why can't I be like them!?

Motivation is a "bear dog" that I have been fighting for my absolute entire life.

I wonder what it would be like if your legs didn't touch when you walk and what kind of chaffing cream Jennifer Aniston uses?

Oh wait....

In the meantime, I am gonna keep climbing this gigantic mountain of health and self improvement because I think that my brain benefits...


but I still hate it.


Now if you need me....I need to go get ready.. sigh.

GO!

Currently Listening to: SHAKE IT OFF




No comments:

Post a Comment