All My Other Stuff

Thursday, October 23, 2014

We Broke Up.



"Yeah, I think it's pretty clear.  I ain't no size 2."

I love bread.


All of it.


Pizza, rolls, cake, brownies, cookies, bread, bread sticks, cheese sticks, cereal, noodles, muffins, bagels, scones, biscuits, and crackers.  I would personally prefer bread over a traditional birthday cake.


Infact, just like a can of biscuits, if you were to open me up, a heap of dough would ooze out.

I have never been addicted to things like drugs, tobacco, alcohol, or anything close to being on that TLC show "My Strange Addiction."

..I have no interest in running a hair dryer while I sleep, or eating lent or laundry soap, or be in an intimate relationship with my car.



I just want to eat bread.


Complex Carbohydrates comfort me.  When I am stressed or sad carbs have always been there for me. A true constant in this ever changing world.


4 days ago, I had to end my relationship with my love affair with my life long friend, bread.

You see, I have struggled with my weight since I was young.


I like to blame bread.  But it wasn't bread, it is me.

Bread didn't make me fat.  My laziness and obsession  with how comforting bread is to my soul, is what made me fat.


So I broke up with bread.  

I am 4 days into my detox and though I feel like I am starving and craving more food, I also feel better.  Like my insides feel better.  

I hate that I have to admit that.

I hate hearing people who are active and eat "clean" say:  "Oh I feel so  much better..."

Listen. Let me tell you something.
 If the warm buttery goodness of a delicious dinner roll doesn't make you feel good about your life, then you are eating the wrong buttered rolls.

The truth, at least for me, is that I need to stop literally stuffing my emotions with Papa John's and face it-what ever it is.

So me and bread are on a break.

I have hopes that we can reconcile and be in a healthy relationship with each other again...but for now.. it's time to choose health.

(and I hate it.  I hate being a grown up-but I want to be a grown up a little longer.. I still have a lot to do.)

Until then, Ill be here, doing the hard work-starving.

Stay tuned.


currently listening to: ALL ABOUT THAT BASS

No comments:

Post a Comment